Ok ok. I hold my hand up and say that I'm totally rubbish and so much for resurecting my 'much neglected blog' in January.
I'm here because I need help. I need LOTS of help. I've had a very up and down year including redundancies, lost houses, bad jobs, new jobs and not much rest. However, a couple of months ago, just before my 32nd birthday, the wonderful MrBrunette got down on one (shaky drunken) knee just by Hyde Park Corner and asked me to marry him! As you'll have guessed from the revised blog title, I said yes and we are getting married next year.
Thankfully, I've always wanted to get married in December, and because this December was too soon, we've settled on next December. The church is booked, we have found and booked a reception venue, and I've decided on my colour scheme. So far so good.
Here's the rub: I'm fat. Portly. Rotund. Cuddly. Overweight. Obese even. Call it what you will, I need to lose weight, and a fair bit of it. I have more or less always been overweight apart from a brief flirtation with not-eating in my early teens. And I've always pretty much not liked being fat, but this is the first time I've ever felt properly motivated to do something about it (mainly bought on by fear after going to see a dressmaker last weekend!). Mild fear since getting engaged has resulted in an 8 pound weight loss but I'd love to lose another 3 stone before the wedding.
So, you can expect updates on weight loss, inch loss, gym attendance etc over the next year or so. Making it public should hopefully help me to stay on the straight and narrow. Watch this space.....
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment